By James Phelan,Peter J. Rabinowitz
- Comprises 35 unique essays written via major figures within the field
- Includes contributions from pioneers within the box comparable to Wayne C. sales space, Seymour Chatman, J. Hillis Miller and Gerald Prince
- Represents all of the significant serious techniques to narrative and investigates and debates the family members among them
- Considers narratives in several disciplines, corresponding to legislation and medicine
- Features analyses of quite a few media, together with movie, track, and painting
- Designed to be of curiosity to experts, but available to readers with little past wisdom of the field
Read or Download A Companion to Narrative Theory (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best rhetoric books
For greater than a decade, transparent and easy because the fact has guided readers to think about type now not as a sublime accent of powerful prose yet as its very center. Francis-Noël Thomas and Mark Turner current writing as an highbrow task, no longer a passive software of verbal abilities. In vintage type, the purpose is fact, the aim is presentation, the reader and author are highbrow equals, and the party is casual.
Discover powerful how one can train artistic writing utilizing paintings with an skilled writing instructor whose school room is in a museum, no longer a faculty. you'll study how one can contain and inspire scholars by utilizing art, video games, formulation poems, and different particular writing workouts. From portray to ornamental arts and sculpture, the works chosen signify quite a lot of ancient classes and cultures.
A transparent precis of up to date rhetorical philosophy and its intersections with hermeneutics and demanding theory. This e-book describes the importance of rhetorical wisdom for legislation via designated discussions of a few of the main tricky criminal matters dealing with courts at the present time, together with affirmative motion, homosexual rights, and assisted suicide.
Communicative visuals, together with written textual content, have a various diversity of kinds and reasons. during this quantity, the authors exhibit that it's attainable to either describe and clarify the most important homes of numerous visual-communication types and reasons inside of a typical theoretical framework of data layout and ethics.
- The Rhetoric of Pregnancy
- Multilingual Writers and Writing Centers
- Teaching Intercultural Rhetoric and Technical Communication: Theories, Curriculum, Pedagogies and Practice (Baywood's Technical Communications)
- Tamil Oratory and the Dravidian Aesthetic: Democratic Practice in South India (Cultures of History)
Additional info for A Companion to Narrative Theory (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Narrative Theory (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by James Phelan,Peter J. Rabinowitz