By Ashok Pandey,Duu-Jong Lee,Yusuf Chisti,Carlos R. Soccol
This booklet offers in-depth info on easy and utilized elements of biofuels construction from algae. It starts with an advent to the subject, and follows with the fundamental medical facets of algal cultivation and its use for biofuels construction, equivalent to photograph bioreactor engineering for microalgae creation, open tradition structures for biomass creation and the economics of biomass creation. It offers state of the art info on man made biology methods for algae compatible for biofuels construction, by means of algal biomass harvesting, algal oils as fuels, biohydrogen creation from algae, formation/production of co-products, and extra. The publication additionally covers issues resembling metabolic engineering and molecular biology for algae for gas creation, lifestyles cycle evaluate and scale-up and commercialization. it really is hugely worthwhile and enables you to plan new examine and layout new economically potential approaches for the creation of unpolluted fuels from algae.
- Covers in a accomplished yet concise manner lots of the algae biomass conversion applied sciences presently available
- Lists the entire items made from algae, i.e. biohydrogen, gasoline oils, etc., their houses and strength uses
- Includes the economics of a number of the approaches and the mandatory steps for scaling them up
Read Online or Download Biofuels from Algae PDF
Similar biotechnology books
A transparent clarification of the reason, analysis, and therapy of diabetes Written for a wide variety of readers, together with scholars, researchers, policymakers, future health care prone, and diabetes sufferers and caregivers, this publication explains the underlying biochemistry and body structure of diabetes mellitus.
This publication compiles all elements of biomimetics from primary rules to present technological advances and their destiny tendencies within the improvement of nanoscale biomaterials and tissue engineering. The scope of this ebook is especially restrained to biologically-inspired layout of fabrics and platforms for the improvement of subsequent new release nanobiomaterials and tissue engineering.
Written with a various viewers in brain, this booklet describes the present prestige, improvement, and destiny clients for the serious expertise of second-generation biorefineries, in particular with a spotlight on lignocellulosic fabrics as feedstock. It presents an summary of the problems in the back of this technological transition, and it offers, extensive, the technology and know-how with regards to cellulose for creation of bioethanol and different biofuels.
The state of the art advances during this learn box are well pictured within the chapters of this quantity. they arrive from world’s major laboratories engaged within the improvement of molecular machines and are authored through probably the most revered scientists within the box. This quantity exhibits, at the one hand, the extent of ingenuity and technical power reached within the development of man-made nanomachines approximately 20 years after their inception.
- Innovative Approaches to the On-Site Assessment and Remediation of Contaminated Sites: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute, Held in Prague, ... to 2 June 2001 (Nato Science Series: IV:)
- Bio-inspired Materials for Biomedical Engineering (Wiley-Society for Biomaterials)
- Bioreactor Engineering Research and Industrial Applications I: Cell Factories: 1 (Advances in Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology)
- A Practical Guide to Rational Drug Design
- Genetically Modified Plants: Assessing Safety and Managing Risk
- The Physics of Microdroplets
Extra resources for Biofuels from Algae
Biofuels from Algae by Ashok Pandey,Duu-Jong Lee,Yusuf Chisti,Carlos R. Soccol