By Shang-Tian Yang,Hesham El-Ensashy,Nuttha Thongchul
Sets the degree for large-scale creation of biofuels and bio-based chemicals
In reaction to diminishing offers in addition to the environmental dangers posed by means of fossil fuels and petrochemicals, curiosity and insist for eco-friendly, sustainable biofuels and bio-based chemical substances are hovering. Biomass could be the answer. it really is an considerable carbon-neutral renewable feedstock that may be used for the creation of fuels and chemical substances. at the moment, biorefineries use corn, soybeans, and sugarcane for bioethanol and biodiesel construction; despite the fact that, there are lots of demanding situations dealing with biorefineries, combating biomass from achieving its complete potential.
This publication offers a finished assessment of bioprocessing applied sciences that use lignocellulosic biomass for the construction of biofuels, biochemicals, and biopolymers. It starts off with an summary of built-in biorefineries. subsequent, it covers:
- Biomass feedstocks, together with sugar, starch, oil, and effort vegetation in addition to microalgae
- Pretreatment applied sciences for lignocellulosic biomass
- Hydrolytic enzymes utilized in biorefineries for the hydrolysis of starch and lignocelluloses
- Bioconversion applied sciences for present and destiny biofuels akin to ethanol, biodiesel, butanol, hydrogen, and biogas
- Specialty chemical compounds, construction block chemical substances, and biopolymers produced through fermentation
- Phytochemicals and practical meals constituents extracted from plant materials
All the chapters were written and edited through top specialists in bioprocessing and biorefining applied sciences. Contributions are in keeping with a radical assessment of the literature in addition to the authors' firsthand event constructing and dealing with bioprocessing technologies.
By surroundings forth the present country of the expertise and pointing to promising new instructions in study, Bioprocessing applied sciences in Biorefinery for Sustainable construction of Fuels, chemical substances, and Polymers will permit readers to maneuver in the direction of large-scale, sustainable, and low-priced creation of biofuels and bio-based chemicals.
Read Online or Download Bioprocessing Technologies in Biorefinery for Sustainable Production of Fuels, Chemicals, and Polymers PDF
Best biotechnology books
A transparent rationalization of the reason, prognosis, and remedy of diabetes Written for a huge variety of readers, together with scholars, researchers, policymakers, healthiness care companies, and diabetes sufferers and caregivers, this e-book explains the underlying biochemistry and body structure of diabetes mellitus.
This e-book compiles all facets of biomimetics from primary rules to present technological advances and their destiny developments within the improvement of nanoscale biomaterials and tissue engineering. The scope of this publication is mainly restricted to biologically-inspired layout of fabrics and structures for the improvement of subsequent new release nanobiomaterials and tissue engineering.
Written with a various viewers in brain, this publication describes the present prestige, improvement, and destiny customers for the severe expertise of second-generation biorefineries, in particular with a spotlight on lignocellulosic fabrics as feedstock. It presents an outline of the problems in the back of this technological transition, and it offers, extensive, the technological know-how and know-how concerning cellulose for creation of bioethanol and different biofuels.
The state of the art advances during this learn box are properly pictured within the chapters of this quantity. they arrive from world’s top laboratories engaged within the improvement of molecular machines and are authored through the most revered scientists within the box. This quantity indicates, at the one hand, the extent of ingenuity and technical power reached within the development of synthetic nanomachines approximately 20 years after their inception.
- Enzyme Technologies: Metagenomics, Evolution, Biocatalysis and Biosynthesis (Chemical Biology of Enzymes for Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Applications)
- Protein Hydrolysates in Biotechnology
- Adult and Pluripotent Stem Cells: Potential for Regenerative Medicine of the Cardiovascular System
- Biomaterials from Nature for Advanced Devices and Therapies (Wiley-Society for Biomaterials)
- The Metabolic Pathway Engineering Handbook: Fundamentals
- Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering: New Advances: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (iCBBE ... 2015), Shanghai, China, 18-20 September 2015
Additional resources for Bioprocessing Technologies in Biorefinery for Sustainable Production of Fuels, Chemicals, and Polymers
Bioprocessing Technologies in Biorefinery for Sustainable Production of Fuels, Chemicals, and Polymers by Shang-Tian Yang,Hesham El-Ensashy,Nuttha Thongchul