By Harry Davies
This publication, first released in 1965, discusses the character of the grammar tuition, its curriculum and instructing equipment, comparisons with 6th shape schooling, and the swap in its organization and attitudes in the course of a time of quick social swap in Nineteen Sixties Britain. This name can be of curiosity to scholars of heritage, sociology and schooling.
Read or Download Culture and the Grammar School: Volume 8 (Routledge Library Editions: Sociology of Education) PDF
Similar secondary education books
Differentiation is a key a part of powerful educating and is at the moment an INSET precedence for lots of secondary colleges. via giving real-life examples, this booklet makes hyperlinks among the speculation of differentiation and a few of the big variety of fine perform already occurring in colleges. It explores the that means and concerns surrounding phrases like 'differentiation' and 'equal possibilities' and provides sensible suggestions for tackling this frequently tough zone.
For top institution technology lecturers, homeschoolers, technological know-how coordinators, and casual technological know-how educators, this number of 50 inquiry-based labs presents hands-on methods for college students to benefit technological know-how at home—safely. writer Michael Horton delivers that scholars who behavior the labs in Take-Home Chemistry as supplementations to school room guideline will improve higher-level considering, increase procedure talents, and lift high-stakes try ratings.
Whereas present literature stresses the significance of training concerning the Sep 11 assaults at the US, many questions stay as to what lecturers are literally educating of their personal study rooms. Few stories tackle how lecturers are utilizing of all of this recommendation and curriculum, what forms of actions they're venture, and the way they move approximately finding out what they're going to do.
To arrive even the main hard scholars, this ebook deals ten scholar archetypes to aid lecturers comprehend and paintings with rookies who convey convinced forms of behaviors.
- These Kids: Identity, Agency, and Social Justice at a Last Chance High School
- English Teachers in a Postwar Democracy: Emerging Choice in London Schools, 1945-1965 (Secondary Education in a Changing World)
- Teaching Poetry: Reading and responding to poetry in the secondary classroom
- The Forms of Things Unknown: Teaching Poetry Writing to Teens and Adults
- The Algebra Teacher's Activity-a-Day, Grades 6-12: Over 180 Quick Challenges for Developing Math and Problem-Solving Skills (JB-Ed: 5 Minute FUNdamentals)
- For the Civic Good: The Liberal Case for Teaching Religion in the Public Schools (The New Public Scholarship)
Additional info for Culture and the Grammar School: Volume 8 (Routledge Library Editions: Sociology of Education)
Culture and the Grammar School: Volume 8 (Routledge Library Editions: Sociology of Education) by Harry Davies